Low Carb Eggplant Pizza
- 1 large eggplant (8 slices)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil/butter/desi ghee
- 50 gm mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low carb tomato sauce
- toppings of your choice – pepperoni, basil, sausage, green pepper, onion, etc.
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Slice eggplant in 1/2 inch rounds and season liberally with salt, pepper and oregano. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
-Pull the rounds out of the oven, flip them and top with tomato sauce, cheese and any additional fully-cooked toppings of your choice. Since we’re just broiling to heat the sauce and cheese, you’ll want your toppings to be already cooked through.
-Turn on broiler and return pizzas to the oven. Broil for 5 minutes or less, watching for cheese to get bubbly. Serve and enjoy!